Neumann TLM 67
Neumann TLM 67 Set Z
A Modern Development of the Classic U 67!
The Neumann TLM 67 contains the legendary number "67" in its name for good reason. Indeed, the TLM 67 is Neumann's contemporary development of the studio classic U 67. Closely reproducing all the sound characteristics of the famous 1960s staple, the TLM 67 incorporates the same K 67 capsule as the U 67, with TLM 49 tube circuit. This particular TLM 67 "Set Z" comes with its own professional shockmount. An extremely versatile three-pattern, large-diaphragm condenser microphone, take a piece of Neumann - and recording - history into your studio with the TLM 67.
Neumann TLM 67 at a Glance:
- Today's development of a classic
- A versatile three-pattern condenser
- Classic Neumann look with commemorative emblem
Today's development of a classic
Along with the numbers "47" and "87," the number "67" resonates within studio professionals the world over. All classics in their own right, The elite Neumann U 47, U 67, and U 87 have attended some of the most legendary recording sessions in music history. Today, Neumann gives us a contemporary development of the classic U 67 in the form of the TLM 67. Using the same K 67 capsule as the U 67, the TLM 67 employs a transformerless design - the same circuitry proved extremely successful with the TLM 49.
A versatile three-pattern condenser
The TLM 67 maintains all the hallmark qualities of the U 67, including its versatility. Switchable between three patterns - omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-eight - the TLM 67 is a perfect vocal microphone for all types of music and spoken voice. It's also excellent as a main microphone and as a spot mic for individual instruments.
Classic Neumann look with commemorative emblem
The TLM 67 is all-Neumann in its presence, yet features a new and elegant dual-color pearl-gray/nickel exterior. What's more, on the occasion of its 80th anniversary Neumann pays honor to founder, Georg Neumann, with a three-dimensional metal emblem adorning the front of the TLM 67.
Neumann TLM 67 Features:
- Sound characteristics based on the legendary U 67
- Three switchable directional characteristics (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8)
- Switchable highpass filter and pre-attenuation
- Transformerless circuit technology
- New dual-color exterior design
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omni/cardioid/figure-8
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1 kohm: 10/18/9 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 29/24/30dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 16/11/17dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94dB SPL) 65/70/64dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94dB SPL) 78/83/77dB-A
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 0.5 %2) 110/105/111dB
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 5 %2) 130/125/131dB
- Maximum output voltage: -1 dBu
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 0.5 %2)) 94dB
- Dyn. range of the mic. amplifier (A-weighted, 5 %2)) 104dB
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: 490 g
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Length: 200 mm
- Includes E87 Shockmount
- Requires +48V phantom power